We are pleased that you have chosen to visit a webpage of Volkswagen Philippines ("Volkswagen PH"), and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in our company and our products. Protecting your privacy is especially important to us. We would like to inform you about how your data is collected, processed and used in the section below. These processes are always performed in a manner that is compliant with data protection regulations.
General information on log data
It is perfectly possible to visit Volkswagen PH websites without giving us any information about your identity.
In this case, we will only automatically collect the following log data:
- An anonymous cookie ID, which does not allow your IP address to be identified
- The operating system and web browser you are using, and your selected screen resolution
- The date and time of your visit
- The webpages you visit on our website
- The website from which you visited us
Recording, processing and using your personal data
Your personal data includes information such as your name, address, phone number and email address. Personal data shall only be collected, processed and/or used if you transmit it to us willingly, e.g. for the purposes of initiating, specifying the content of or amending a contractual relationship between yourself and us, or registering for personalized services. Furthermore, your personal data shall only be used if you have consented to such use in advance, e.g. for the receipt of advertising and market research information.
You can use this website to order a newsletter or publications by Volkswagen PH (e.g. annual reports), or to send a contact request. Personal data provided in this context shall be collected, processed and used exclusively for the provision of the respective service to the extent of your consent. Volkswagen PH uses the 'double opt-in process' in this respect. An email will be sent to you at the email address provided requesting you to confirm your consent here. You may withdraw your consent to Volkswagen PH at any time and free of charge with immediate effect, e.g. by using the "unsubscribe" link provided in each newsletter or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Targeted advertising (Targeting)
Volkswagen PH creates pseudonymised user profiles for the purposes of targeted advertising (targeting). Pseudonumisation refers to the replacement of the name and other identifying features with an indicator in order to make it considerably more difficult or impossible to identify the person concerned. Cookies are used for this purpose. Cookies are small files containing configuration information and are saved on your computer. The cookie tracks information about your activities on the website in question (for example, your browsing habits, which pages you visit, which ad banners you click on, etc.). Most web browsers automatically accept cookies by default. You can prevent the creation of a pseudonymised user profile at any time with immediate effect by changing your browser settings so that no cookies, or only certain cookies, are accepted or so that you are notified as soon as cookies are transmitted. This may mean that you cannot use all of the features on our website to their full extent. In addition, you may withdraw your consent to the processing of this data by clicking on the following link. You have the option there of deactivating the pseudonymised data processing by confirming with “OK” the dialogue box which then opens. By clicking on “OK” the placement of an opt-out cookie is initiated on your computer in which your consent withdrawal preference is stored.
Use of Adobe Analytics
This website uses the Adobe Analytics web analytics service to evaluate user access. For the purposes of this evaluation cookies are stored on your computer to collect information, which is also stored on the servers of Adobe Systems Software Ireland Limited ("Adobe"). You may withdraw your consent to the collection and processing of this data at any time with immediate effect by preventing the storage of cookies through changing your browser settings. In addition, you may withdraw your consent to the processing of this data by clicking on the following link. You have the option there of withdrawing consent to the evaluation by Adobe Analytics by confirming with “OK” the dialogue box which then opens. By clicking on “OK” the placement of an opt-out cookie is initiated on your computer in which your consent withdrawal preference is stored.
It is not possible to link the information stored on the Adobe servers directly to a specific person, since Adobe Analytics is used with the "Before Geo-Lookup: Replace visitor's last IP octet with 0" and "Obfuscate IP-Removed" settings selected. The "Before Geo-Lookup: Replace visitor's last IP octet with 0" setting ensures that the IP address is anonymised before this geolocalisation by replacing the final octet of the IP address with zeroes. For the purposes of statistical evaluation, the user's approximate location is added to the tracking package, which still contains the full IP address. Before the tracking package is saved, the IP address is then replaced with an individual, fixed IP address – referred to as a generic IP address – if the "Obfuscate IP –Removed" setting has been configured. This means that the IP address is no longer contained in a data set that is saved.
You have the right to information regarding the processing and use of your personal data at any time, and to require that it is corrected or deleted. You can exercise these rights at no cost by emailing Volkswagen PH at the e-mail address email@example.com or by using the contact information contained in the company's site notice.
FAQs on data protection
The AC Motors companies listed below (collectively referred as “AC Motors”, “we”, “us” or “our”) are committed to the security and protection of your personal information. As such, we operate in compliance with applicable laws and regulations on data protection and data security, such as Republic Act No. 10173, otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its corresponding Implementing Rules and Procedures, and the existing Memorandum Circulars and Advisories issued by the National Privacy Commission. In doing so, we ensure that all personal data collected from our customers, vendors, partners, employees, agents and other stakeholders and processed by AC Motors are protected at all times.
AC Motors Privacy Notice
Personal information (which may also be referred to in this Policy as “personal data”) is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context. This includes all information relating to an identified or identifiable individual (natural person) including name, contact, details, address, email address, gender, age, date of birth, and any information which is collected, recorded, held or stored by AC Motors.
We collect both electronic and physical personal data from the following sources:
- Directly from customers when they avail of any of our products and/or services. We also collect such information when customers, among others, contact us through our agents and representatives, and sign up to receive communications from us, respond to our surveys, participate in our events, and/or receive queries, requests and complaints from them; and indirectly through third-party sources such as social media sites, publicly available databases and government repositories and/or from other customers.
- We also obtain such information when customers visit our website and social media profiles as well as when they use our digital platforms and/or mobile applications.
- When individuals representing or affiliated with our vendors, partners, investors and other business contacts voluntarily provide us with their contact information in order to develop business relations and/or complete legitimate transactions with them.
- Directly from our employees and job applicants through their curriculum vitae, personal information sheets, submitted medical records and government documents, and interview and training assessment results conducted by authorized personnel, and pre-employment health screening and indirectly from the verification efforts of third-party employee background/screening service providers, job search sites and/or other social media sites and references from previous employers and other third parties.
Purpose and Use
In general, we use such data only for the purpose for which you divulged the data to us, such as, but not limited to:
- entering into transactions for the delivery of the necessary products and/or services in connection with such transactions which are necessary for AC Motors business process execution, including delivery of notices, services and/or products, partners, new product launches and events, planningpurposes in connection with future products, including promotional events with AC Motors business partners which may include third party service providers located outside the Philippines;
- administering and/or managing your relationship and/or account(s) with AC Motors; and
- sending of marketing, advertising and promotional information about other products/services that AC Motors, as well as business partners and related companies may be offering, and which AC Motors believes may be of interest or benefit to you by way of postal mail, electronic transmission or through mobile or telephone line.
In addition to the foregoing, the data collected from you may be used or processed in any of the following instances:
- it is necessary for compliance with legal regulations on the part of AC Motors and its subsidiaries, or mandated by governmental or judicial authorities;
- it is necessary to protect vitally important interests, including life and health;
- it is necessary to respond to national emergency, to comply with the requirements of public order and safety, or
We may also collect, use, disclose or process information contained in employment applications or other employment-related forms/documents submitted to us for administrative and management purposes, including but not limited to: recruitment, assessment of the candidate’s suitability, appraisal, performance, promotion, training, career development, remuneration, health and safety, discipline, and/or review of human resource policies. Personal data or any other information contained in employment applications shall be processed exclusively for legitimate purposes as specified above.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We generally do not disclose the personal data we process to third parties without the consent of data subjects unless we are legally required to do so; if it is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we process personal data as mentioned above; or if such action is necessary to protect, defend and/or enforce our rights, property or the personal safety of our employees and other individuals. It may be necessary for AC Motors to disclose and transfer your personal data to third party companies, entities, or service providers engaged by AC Motors to perform certain services on behalf of AC Motors, including the following:
- Insurance providers;
- Financial institutions;
- Government agencies (eg. Land Transportation Office);
- External consultants and other professional advisors, such as auditors and legal firms;
- Contractors or sub-contractors; and
- Such other service provider that may be appointed by AC Motors.
AC Motors shall exercise reasonable and appropriate administrative and security measures and procedures to prevent unauthorized or unlawful processing, and loss of or damage to, your personal data.
AC Motors shall implement reasonable and appropriate organizational, physical, and technical measures intended for the protection of personal information or data against any accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration and disclosure. The employees, contractors, sub-contractors or representatives of AC Motors who are involved in the processing of personal information or data shall hold personal information confidential, especially if it is not intended for public disclosure.
THE RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECTS
3 AC Motors fully recognizes that under the Data Privacy Act, our customers, employees vendors, partners, investors, shareholder and other business contacts and employees, as data subjects, are accorded the following rights:
- Right to be informed
They have the right to demand and be informed of the details about the type of personal data, the purpose of processing, and how they are being processed by AC, including its sources, recipients, methods, disclosures to third parties and their identities, automated processes, manner of storage, period of retention, manner of disposal and any changes to such processing activities before the same is undertaken.
- Right to access
They have the right to have reasonable access to their personal data, sensitive or otherwise, upon demand. They have the right to review and amend their personal data processed by AC Motors in case there are errors.
- Right to dispute
They have the right to dispute inaccuracy or error in personal data processed by AC Motors.
- Right to object
They have the right to reject further processing of their personal data, including the right to suspend, withdraw, and remove their personal data in possession of AC Motors which are falsely collected or unlawfully processed.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect data and seek to partner with companies which do the same, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from our websites, and are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
AC Motors reserves the right to modify this Policy at any time to comply with any future developments in local and/or foreign data privacy regulations where applicable and to reflect any changes in the 4 organization’s policies and/or personal data processing activities, so please review it frequently. The most updated version of the Policy shall apply and supersede all previous versions of the Policy.
Questions and Comments